Authors Guideline for Article Submission
Textile Today is a comprehensive publication for the Textile, Apparel & Fashion industry. It regularly publishes peer reviewed articles, news, news analysis, views and interviews, event and technology review etc. Here are some policies and instructions for the authors to understand and comply for the submission for publication.
Peer Review Policy
Textile Today operates a rigorous double-blind reviewing policy in which the reviewer’s name is withheld from the author and, the author’s name from the reviewer. The reviewer may at their own discretion opt to reveal their name to the author in their review but our standard policy practice is for both identities to remain concealed.
Each manuscript is reviewed by at least two referees. Authors are requested to suggest the names, affiliations and contact information of two individuals who may be suitable to serve as referees, but the Editors are under no obligation to use all or any of these individuals as reviewers.
Subject Matter for Reviewed Article
Contributions suitable for the reviewed article section of Textile Today should fall into one of the following classifications:
- Fundamental research articles, presenting important new information and data in any area of science related to the textile and allied fields,
- Technical articles describing development work, engineering advances and innovations in Textile manufacture and processing,
- Laboratory techniques with sufficient experimental data to illustrate the utility of methods or equipment described,
- Review articles of an authoritative and critical nature on a topic of major importance.
In addition, all papers must be clearly presented in good English; articles may have to be rejected solely because they require excessive editing.
Manuscripts must not have been copyrighted, classified, or submitted for publication elsewhere. All original journal articles are copyrighted in the name of the publisher. Previously copyrighted material may be published with the written permission of the copyright holder.
Author Guidelines for Reviewed Article
- The manuscript should consist of a Microsoft Word document containing the title. All submissions should be made online via email as well as the hard copy written in 12 fonts Times New Roman with double space should be sent by post to editorial office. Good quality photocopies are acceptable.
- A full list of authors, their addresses (affiliations should be made with superscript italics of the form, a, b, c, etc.; the author who is to receive correspondence should be identified with an asterisk) and email address. If an author is no longer with the organization where the work was done, the new affiliation should be given in a footnote. If the manuscript has been presented as a paper at a technical conference, this information should also be given in a footnote.
- A brief abstract of about 150 words must accompany each manuscript except letters to the editor.
- The papers must be submitted in English, of a sufficient standard to allow reviewers to form a considered judgment on the technical merit of the paper. Any need for excessive editing after submission may result in rejection or a request for extensive revision by the author.
- Tables should be numbered consecutively and should be cited at a relevant position in the text. This is also the case for figures, schemes and chemical structures. In a complex reaction scheme, chemical structures should be numbered serially (1, 2, etc) following the reaction sequence. The number of illustrations should be kept as low as possible and the results should be presented in the form of tables or graphs, not both. Diagrams illustrating well known apparatus, techniques or results should not be included. If illustrations are not discussed adequately in the text, they may be removed at the editing stage. Captions should be provided for all tables and figures.
- All references should be identified in the text using the Vancouver system (numbered notes throughout the text, numbered list at the end of the article). References should be listed by number at the end of the paper, with the information in the following order: Authors’ names, initials, title of reference, name of publication, volume number (publisher and place of publication for a book), inclusive page numbers, and year of publication.
- Authors should clearly write their designations, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and fax numbers, etc. on the cover page for potential use by the editorial office and later by the production office.
- Submission of a paper implies that the work is original which has not been published previously and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Author Guidelines for News Analysis, Event Preview/Review, Technical Articles, Technology Updates etc
- The manuscript should consist of a Microsoft Word document containing the title. All submissions should be made via email (to email@example.com ) written in 10 fonts Arial.
- Textile Today encourages articles on issues related to recent incidents and future aspects with in depth view and original & exclusive statistics. None of the texts, figures, pictures or tables could be copied from other sources. Content must be original with new exclusive angle in it. Contributors can collect texts, figures, pictures or tables etc. from other sources but those must be edited and modified to comply with the key message of the article. Never use texts, figures, pictures or tables etc. as it is from the sources. When contributors modify content they still should keep source information.
- Textile Today encourages small articles or news or news analysis. All contributions must be brief and concise. We encourage more graphics and less text. Please try to focus more on info graphics. Articles should fit in maximum one or one and half standard Textile Today page. There may be longer articles exceptionally if needed. But we encourage even shorter original news and news analysis.
- Textile Today welcomes contributions on any issues related to it’s readers’ base and complying with it’s editorial commitment. It encourages contributors to share the topics with its editor in prior as if editor can give necessary specific guidelines and thought.
- Textile Today pays honorarium only when the contribution is published. Any contribution submitted to Textile Today must not be submitted elsewhere. If we denies publishing the content them only it could be withdrawn and submitted elsewhere.
- Textile Today encourages exclusive articles on seminar, conferences, exhibitions, business travels and interviews. Those articles should have an effective angle focusing a message (not just focusing the event). Contributors must inform Textile Today’s editor prior to preparing the article in these cases.
- Contributors must submit references, sources and raw contents etc. to Textile Today those have used in the article.
- Textile Today encourages contributors to read its publications regularly and provide valued feedback on those.