A seminar on sustainability has been held by the Department of TEM (Textile Engineering and Management) of BGMEA University of Fashion & Technology on 3rd July 2022.
The department mainly focuses on preparing textile engineers along with business knowledge. As a process of increasing the knowledge of students on sustainability, TEM departments arranged the seminar where Shamiul Hoque, Senior Manager, Sustainability, Materials & Home Textiles, CentroTex Ltd., shared his knowledge and experience as a keynote speaker.
Discussion was held on the following points-
- What is sustainable development?
- What are the sustainability myths?
- People, the environment, and the product
- How are stability and people related?
- Environmental pollution of textiles and sustainability
- Sustainable products
- Higher study scope on sustainability.
The speaker discussed the key aspects of sustainability in brief and enlightened the audience. He also encouraged students to learn further to work in the field of sustainability as it is now and will be the biggest area to work on. Students were very delighted to attend such a seminar.