The European Commission (EC) called a war against ‘fast fashion’. The Commission is committed ‘fast fashion’ to get out from fashion by 2030.
To cope-up with this decision our factories should take preparation as European Union is one of the largest RMG exporting destinations for Bangladesh.
We need to prepare in the areas below:
Preparation with design
As a manufacturing country by 2030, we will be providing most of the Brand’s designs from Bangladesh. So, we need to be prepared for:
– Design with a purpose
– Design for longevity, Resource efficiency
– Design for biodegradability and Recyclability
Preparation with material
Brands are looking to integrate circularity into their business can consider implementing circular design strategies into their design process. These include designing for disassembly through the choice of materials, components, and construction, choosing single fiber materials to allow for end-of-life recycling, and designing for durability and long life. Setting up a take-back system for the end of the first user’s life is another important consideration.
– Reduced dependency on imported raw materials and produce a maximum number of materials in Bangladesh.
– Investment in cutting and production scraps upcycled into new materials.
– Solutions that TURN USED CLOTHES INTO NEW CLOTHES. For example, upcycling waste materials into new products through design, recycling waste textiles into new fiber through mechanical and chemical recycling.
– Renewable and Safe Materials. For example, using high-quality renewable fibers that are made in a safe and non-toxic way.
Preparation with production
– Get habituated with The Cradle-to-Cradle Products manufacturing methodology.
– Optimized use of resources; recycled wastewater, reused chemicals, capturing the steam from processing and using it as heat and energy for the new processing.
– Factory within a Factory to get accommodated and fully prepared with MOQ orders.
– Efficient manpower to produce Mixed product types from a modular line.
– Develop a Consumer to Manufacturer business model to produce anything ‘Fashion on Demand’ Only so that it will not be wasted soon.
_ We need to be careful when choosing our partners in the future. Some brands are more sustainable than others, so choose who they are?