Skill development is essential for student to have a better profession. Skills define the ability to execute plans and theories effectively. Day-to-day practice can help anyone to improve their skills on a specific topic. Specialized skills are helpful for getting a good job in the textile sector. Sometimes it becomes confusing to the student how can they develop themselves or take preparation for getting a good job. In this article, I will try to share my experiences I had on the interview board which may helpful for the future graduates.
Basic interview questions
Every industry wants proactive candidates for their specific post. They always look for people of dynamic mindset capable to adjust themselves to any kind of factory environment. On the factory’s normal day, the working hour for an employee is 8 am to 7 pm–that’s why most of the time–factories prefer the candidates are living in the same area near the industry. Some sample questions for a factory-based interview are given below:
- Where are you from?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell something about your family member.
- What is your strength and weakness?
- Why will we select you for this post?
- What is the responsibility of the post?
- Define Efficiency and Effectiveness.
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- What is your expectation from the factory?
- What position do you want to see yourself in the next five years?
- If you find another good opportunity do you leave the job?
- How long will you work with us?
- What is your expected salary? Is it negotiable?
These questions are common in maximum interviews. The interviewer wants to know the candidate’s determination and mindset for the post by asking these questions. These questions are related to candidates’ emotional intelligence. The maximum interviewer doesn’t ask the technical question because everyone learns technical things while joining the factory.
Professional skills development and proper utilization
In professionalism, everyone has to be an expert in their sector, otherwise it will be difficult to prove themselves as fresh graduate. Those who have versatile skills get extra privileges from the company.
In the Ready-Made-Garments sector maintaining the connection with different types of people is the main challenge and it is the secret to move ahead. Some professional skills are required while someone is starting to do a job in this sector.
- English is an international language and is used everywhere while going to work in the industry. Communication in English, Presentation skills have to be developed with proper knowledge. Fluency in English can help anyone to reach another level of professionalism.
- For developing a fashion industry-related career one’s has to know about circular fashion, trends, key themes like sustainability, retail models, fabrics, trims, and accessories sourcing.
- For Building a career as a designer in the RMG sector, freshers need concrete skills in associated areas like 3D Designing, AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator. Maintaining connectivity and networking with the people of this profession is also important.
- Microsoft Excel, Word and, Powerpoint are the basics while anyone will start their career in any industry.
- Anyone can enrich their professional network by writing Blogs, Articles, and LinkedIn connections.
Self-development can help anyone to cope with the difficulty
In the factory, there is a rush situation all the time mostly on the Production floor. Time counting is very valuable in manufacturing-based industry. All over the time, there is a crowd situation where it is difficult to work with a gentle mind. But self-development with self-control can help to maintain this situation. Some tips for handling the crowd are here:
- Formal dress-up, smart in talking, not too loud, not screaming or shouting to workers.
- Keep motivating our minds through remembering our strengths and what we’ve.
- Positivity, maintaining Social norms and culture will help us to be specific with the point.
- Always try to remain transparent/honest and follow ethical life hacks.
- For an enriching mind we have to be religious and disciplined. Our religious activities turn us into the best daily routine and recharge us for the whole day.
- Making a to-do list and practicing maintaining a notebook can help us to remember all the work that is to be done.
Creative designers have to think out of the box
Fashion is an important part of our apparel industry. Creative design with the R&D department will help this manufacturing industry to achieve a new level of success. The fashion industry is a creative place for the RMG sector. They can develop a new design and merchandisers can do marketing for the design. New trend, innovative ideas, and sustainable design are helpful for the industry’s growth. When designers will think out of the box and make new products with new fabric, the market will understand the value of creativity. A creative designer can create designs from waste materials also. They reuse and recycle all the elements related to product manufacture.
Learning with experience is the best part of the job sector. When anyone has the job experience they will get preference for the job. Mind setup for learning and change for betterment always carries positive results for the candidates. Opportunity comes to us in various forms, we need to have the capacity to grab them very quickly with effectiveness. And interview board is a place where we need to show our talents and experiences what we gathered through our curricular, extracurricular and other activities.
RMG sector is one of the main sources of Bangladesh for export earnings. In Fiscal Year 2022, the RMG sector contributed almost 8 percent to the country’s GDP and RMG export revenues were $42.62 billion, up 37.45 percent from the previous fiscal year. So, the young generation has huge scope to make their career in the sector.